Thursday, June 18, 2009

first impressions

So I've been in Vancouver for about 3 days and I must say, the rhythm here is different. It's slower, calmer, and quieter. Of course, I have yet to venture much out of Kitsilano, but I honestly have very little need to do so. With a perfect view of the mountains, 10 minute walk from Jericho Beach, and the most amazing cinnamon buns served in the little coffee shop just around the corner, what more do I need?

Ian informed me that Vancouver is one of the most active cities in Canada, and I believe it. Even the drifter down near the beach had a hardcore mountain bike....granted, he also had a giant bottle of Crown Royal too - but we don't judge. One could also infer the immense lung capacity of the pot smokers somewhere in this building would be representative of an active lifestyle - if you can light a joint that big - then you can have it. Although, I can see some counter productivity in this scenario.

With the sun shining, the sound of the ocean just minutes away, and some of the most fantastic food created in Ian's swanky Kitsilano studio, I don't think I'll have a hard time staying here for another week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment